TAKING TIME AND A LIL' YELLOW NUMBER



Summer has challenged me this year in many ways, everyone knows of that constant pressure in summer to have to do things, not waste the sunshine and see your friends. I'm so lucky to have friends  & family all over the place, so I'm able to experience loads of different places and step out of my everyday city every so often. 



But...I was finding myself so run down, upset that     my days off seemed to go in a flash (time flies when  you're having fun right?) and I was having fun, so much fun. The problem became that I literally had no time to breathe, to enjoy or even clean my home or to focus on myself and then tomorrow would come and I'd be back to work. 

I started to get quite down, and my reaction to this was to fill every aspect of my days off and evenings off with seeing my friends, or doing things and I was noticing that I was starting to lose my s**t more often, over the tiniest things! I just couldn't wind down no matter what, I had an inability to say no. I love being sociable but this was another level...I was driving all the time on my own to go to these places, some further than others. 

I was literally leaving myself no time to just relax, my fear being I was waisting my days if I didn't fill them. 




It's amazing what doing nothing can do to your mentality. I've started a new job which is closer to home and even in the first week I've already finished projects that were overdue, and started new ones with friends. I've cleaned my whole house, done my overdue clothes washing...oops, and I've took time for myself for once!
I feel more creative, I feel less like time is slipping away from me and less stressed! Honestly I think sometimes it's taken for granted, just doing nothing for once. 




Summer also forced me to transition from my black jeans to skirts and dresses with no tights and has been a process. Honestly, I'm kinda into it now...I'm trying to learn to love my knobbly knees, and having a tan from holiday helps but I am honestly living for this yellow checked skirt from Topshop.

I love the grunge style but how I can still add colour to my wardrobe which is something I've been trying to do - It's hard when you basically sold your soul to the black skinny jeans hype from the age 14. 
The whole look feels very me, and its so transitional into winter by just adding black tights and a denim or leather jacket which is always a winner. 



So what to take from this post? Not a lot. Except always take some time for yourself and topshop are currently smashing the denim skirt game. 

x
Birmingham, UK

No comments