HELLO 2018

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 


I know i'm about 7 days late but I feel like i've already spent my 2018 sleeping, working and being ill. This better not be a reflection on how the rest of my year is going to go! 

I thought I'd do a small post on some of my goals for this year - I find it so weird how something like a new year number can feel so great, like a fresh slate, and i'd be lying if I didn't trick myself into thinking 'this year will be my year'. 

2017 was a good year for me, I got a promotion, I bought a house, I visited loads of places in and out of the UK. While in 2018 I do want a lot more of that, I do want time for myself, I am a massive fidgeter, I can't sit still - which means on my days off in 2017 I felt the need to fill it with something when sometimes I just needed a day to do nothing. The house we've bought is a bit further away from my friends and from the city centre so some days I am forced to be on my own in the house, which is good but can be so boring, i'm going to have to get used to it! 

Anyway here are a few goals I want to achieve in 2018. 


1. Get healthier.
Quite a generic 'new years resolution' but i'm not fussed about losing weight, I just want to be healthy and stronger. In 2017 I had a few issues with health, my strength wasn't great and for a 23 year old I spent a lot of the year feeling 203. Ok, I know quite an exaggeration, but you get the idea - my legs especially were very weak. In late 2016 I had blood tests and one thing that came up meant that I had to make sure I was looking after myself so it didn't get any worse but it meant that in 2017 when I went through any ill or overworked stages, or stages of not eating right or not eating regularly then I physically could feel the affects by feeling very weak and tired. 
I want to overall just be healthy and a bit stronger!

2. Focus on yourself - Body and Mind.
Similar to previous one but more focussing on my mind, I'm not much of a worrier anymore but I do find I do over analyse stupid things which can end up ruining my whole day. I want to take more time to spend with myself, I used to be so good at this when I was younger but now I think I just get bored but I want to focus on doing more things, like taking photos or going for walks, going on the treadmill just little things that still will keep me busy but aren't necessarily boring.

3. Be Creative. 
Since being out of university I have tried various different projects, none of which have come through to a final product. I don't think this is because of lack of commitment or being lazy but more busy schedules and no time! I want to find more ways of being creative in 2018, I have wanted to create another zine since I printed a magazine in university but I think the pressure of making it something bigger than it was, was always its downfall. I'm going to look to create something just for me for now, no pressure just some fun. I guess this blog can become something creative as well, it will allow me to take photographs and my instagram's allow me to create imagery too - This leads onto my next one...



4. Take more photography jobs. 
A lot of 2017 was turning down jobs when I didn't necessarily have a reason to - a lot of it was because various agencies are London Based so it would require a lot of travelling to London, where it was almost impossible to charge normal rates AND rent a studio without it eventually costing me. Also location wise, I didn't know London well enough there was a fear of looking inexperienced and stupid. The jobs I did take went well and were good but the lack of content this year was disappointing to me. I work 5 days a week so can be hard to fit around my other work, but if its something I enjoy I should find a way in 2018. 

5. Be more present. 
This one is two in one, I want to spend less time on my phone, I'm good at putting it away and I don't like being rude but I find that when I am watching a movie at home or sitting around doing nothing I'll be sat on my phone scrolling through the same things over and over again, i'm not sure why I do this because it is definitely not something I find fun - I find that when my phone goes out of battery I just leave it and I enjoy watching films much more when i'm ACTUALLY watching them (shocker). 
I also want to visit my family and friends more - I don't think i'm bad at this one either however there are some friends that I would like to make more of an effort to travel to see. While its hard because literally all my friends and family are here there and everywhere not only in the UK but in the world I have more than enough time to make the effort.

6. Try new things. 
Mainly about food. Anyone who knows me and who has been lucky enough to wine and dine with me will probably be able to tell you my exact order in every single restaurant. I like what I like what can I say, and a lot of the time I pick a restaurant based on whether I fancy eating that one dish. While this one will be hard to commit to I just know it, I thought I'd give it a go...try something new. I'll still probably always get my usual at Wagamama...i'll let you guess that one. (Won't be hard) 


So lets see if 2018 will be the year of focussing on myself, trying new 'healthy' food, with a friend and not my phone, while taking some photos and being creative. 







No comments